About all, I am missing during preparation of scientific report on Type II Diabetes. by Pankaj Oudhia

About all, I am missing during preparation of scientific report on Type II Diabetes. by
Pankaj Oudhia

Contributor:Dr. Pankaj Oudhia
QA and TEM
 

eResDocs
Formal report
Free form
Table of Contents
Display Full eArticle
ID: 3088

 

Abstract


Article informing about what I am missing while working on detailed report on Type II Diabetes.


Table of Contents
About all, I am missing


About all, I am missingReturn To Table of Contents


During this summer I visited to the biodiversity rich Niyamgiri Hills region for preparation of special report. The sponsoring organization presented this report along with other reports but it seems that they have failed to convince the judiciary to give decision in favor of native people. Now the activists as well as other organizations are calling me again to visit the area for detailed surveys and for taking beautiful pictures of biodiversity. During last visit I spotted many mushroom, orchid as well as bird species but due to time constraint failed to collect more information about it. I am eager to visit Niyamgiri again as if mining will start here, within no time we will loose every thing. I am much worried about Traditional Healers and also about the old trees and tree complexes they are caring, since time immemorial. Bauxite mining is proposed here. This mining is nothing to do with conservation of biodiversity. We are learning about reports on climate change but no one is thinking that destruction of biodiversity hot spots like Niyamgiri will contribute in real climate change up to many centuries. So I want to go back to Niyamgiri. But you know it is not possible due to on-going report preparation on Type II Diabetes. It is expected that report will be over in year 2009 and can take one or two years extra. Due to on-going report I am missing many things.


After all opposition Jatropha has been planted in different parts of India including Chhattisgarh. Now real face of this so-called wonder crop is coming among common people. High rate of mortality and heavy infestation of diseases and pest are exposing this crop. In other parts of world by presenting the false stories of Chhattisgarh authorities are still making big claims. It is under promotion still as insect pest free crop which is not true. Whenever I get time I visit to nearby Jatropha plantations to take pictures of insects and diseases. I add it either in Ecoport or other databases so that people around the world can see it. But for real study there is need for one week camping near different Jatropha plantations. Jatropha is becoming reservoir of pest. Jatropha farmers are regularly making phone calls to me to visit their regions to see the poor condition of this wonder crop. But due to report it is not possible.


I am missing my regular visits to forests and village markets for photography. After taking 90,000 pictures now there is big break. Traditional Healers as well as herb collectors are contacting me with new information. When I inform them that I am documenting the knowledge given by them previously they give new information and as result the size of report increases after every interaction. Cuscuta infestation on new forest trees, Grubs of Blumea leaf beetle, Wood Mushroom of forest trees, Dying Sal trees of Kanker, pythons of Bootigarh, Sloth bears of Bagbahera, monkeys of Keshkal valley and many others are missing me and also I am missing them. This is best time to observe emerging winter season medicinal flora specially weeds in crop fields.


After my declaration that completion of this report will result in start of more detailed reports on hear diseases and cancer, many friends as well as researchers are raising objection. According to them Type II Diabetes is disease of rich natives. That is why at first I must write on cancer, then on heart diseases and at last on Diabetes. Now as per plan the number of cancer report will come in year 2013. Too late. But what can I do?


Earlier I was invited for delivering lecture on medicinal plants, Jatropha, biodiversity conservation and related subjects but now different medical societies are eager to hear lecture on on-going Diabetes work. Their invitations are increasing. Few days back I got invitation from Southern part of India. They suggested me to travel by train. I refused as it is over 36 hour’s journey one side. It is very odd to sit idle up to long time. You can continue work in laptop-they suggested. But it is very difficult to carry all field diaries and other materials with laptop and work in train. I asked for air travel. They denied with new explanation. Due to environment concerns we are unable to allow you for air travel. I refused. Later they informed that two foreign speakers are also coming specially to hear me. Whether they are coming by boat due to environment concerns?-I asked. Without any delay they approved my travel by air.


Due to Diabetes report list of my pending works in Ecoport is increasing. Hundreds are pictures are waiting for caption. Hundreds of pictures are in process of addition. Thousands of research articles are waiting for update. The speed of Hindi article writing has also slowed down. If I appoint two or three operators then I have to purchase three or four computers. Also I am not sure whether these operators will add the data sincerely or not. If I have to check each and every table then it is better to do it by myself.


Keep reading my research articles at Ecoport for updates.



Sign in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

कैंसर में कामराज, भोजराज और तेजराज, Paclitaxel के साथ प्रयोग करने से आयें बाज

गुलसकरी के साथ प्रयोग की जाने वाली अमरकंटक की जड़ी-बूटियाँ:कुछ उपयोगी कड़ियाँ

भटवास का प्रयोग - किडनी के रोगों (Diseases of Kidneys) की पारम्परिक चिकित्सा (Traditional Healing)