My experiences as regular columnist on Chhattisgarh herbs at educational website Botanical. Com

My experiences as regular columnist on Chhattisgarh herbs at educational website Botanical. Com 

http://www.pankajoudhia.com/RA1.pdf

Research Note - Pankaj Oudhia © 2001,2002,2003 Pankaj Oudhia - All Rights Reserved This is my 200th research article at educational website Botanical.com. I am feeling proud to thank the team of Botanical.com in this great time of my life. Through my Ethnobotanical and ethnozoological surveys in different parts of Chhattisgarh, the Herbal State, I have collected many valuable information in last ten years. I have published many of these informations in form of research papers in national and international journals. These journals have its own limitation. My research findings are reaching to limited readers through these journals. I have also written over 450 articles in Hindi. But after this profuse writing, I thought the articles written in major Indian language Hindi are again limited to specific readers. Before starting writing at this website, I have written many articles in other websites but after getting homely environment and encouraging support from the team of Botanical.com, I decided to write regularly only at Botanical.com. When I look back, the 200 articles on Chhattisgarh herbs are beyond my imagination. I am thankful to mother nature, and natives and traditional healers of Chhattisgarh for showing deep faith in me and my surveys. When last week I got message of appreciation from an eminent herb expert of USA, saying you have written so many useful articles in common man's language, no one has yet not written as much articles. I humbly replied that the information on herbs and insects present in Chhattisgarh are like big ocean and what you eeing in my articles is less than a drop of this ocean. I am fortunate that I am on earth at the time of internet revolution. This is the net through which my articles have reached to different corners of the world. My articles have reached to different corners of the world. My articles acted (and acting as) bridge between me and world community. Earlier Chhattisgarh was relatively less known part of the world. Today Chhattisgarh is well known for its valuable flora and fauna and great natives and traditional healers. I am getting hundreds of e-mails daily from the patients having serious health problems. They are eager to take the advantage to traditional knowledge. For them I am acting as bridge between the patients and healers. Many foreign visitors visited Chhattisgarh to meet the healers and many visitors are due to visit this state. I got overwhelming responses from the scientific community. Dr. Gyde Lund, an eminent forest expert, has always encouraged me by publishing the information on my latest articles at Botanical.com in well known e-newsletter Forest information update. The reputed international organization FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) Rome has published information about these articles at NWFP (Non-wood forest produce) Digest time to time. Prof. Anil Gupta, Dr. G.A. Kinhal, Dr. Jules Janick, Phytomedica (Yahoo) group team members, Dr. Ivor Hughes, Dr. Akansha Kumar, Dr. Sunita Garg are among the scientists, always motivated me to write regularly on these important aspects. I am aware that it is not possible to satisfy all persons at a time. I have tried to write and present the articles so that it can be useful for both beginners and experts. To aware the common person and to create interest in them, I have written these in story form. English is not my mother tongue. This is the reason I feel it very difficult to write the exact information, in true shape, many times. Basically I am Agronomist, expert of Agriculture science but my hobby and interest of herbs and insects have made me Ethnobotanist, Homoeopath, Allelopath, Entomologist and Herb expert. In my country only 30 lakhs people have access to internet. We are over 100 crores. This is the reason very few people from India are aware of my research articles. As internet facilities are increasing, now more and more people particularly young, innovative farmers are taking interest in information available on-line. Most of these young farmers are interested in herbal farming. In India, Safed Musli is No. 1 crop these days and every one is eager to know more and more details about this valuable crop. I am proud to say that Botanical.com is the only site in the world having the maximum numbers of articles on various aspects of this millennium crop. I am trying hard to provide latest research oriented information on Indian herbs to the farmers through this educational website. The encouraging responses of readers motivated me to conduct the surveys frequently on different aspects. I got suggestions to establish the traditional healers forum to provide a platform for the healers. I have prepared a list of 6000 traditional healers and trying to establish regular contact with them. To answer the queries of the readers, the need of message board has generated. I requested and the team of Botanical.com simply accepted it. Within a month, I got separate message board for free discussion on my articles. Today the message Board is full of queries around the world. This 200th article is not the end point. It is just the beginning. My wish is to write thousands articles till the end of my life. My soul is enjoying the role of Pankaj Oudhia, it is playing in this life. I have always tried to avoid this, but if my articles have ever hurted the feelings of any reader, I am extremely sorry for this, and I will try to avoid this in future. Thank you very much for reading my articles. Botanical.com Editorial Comments - Happy Anniversary, Dr. Oudhia! It's been one year since we began publication of Dr. Oudhia's articles. Over the last year, Botanial.com has been pleased and proud to be able to provide a forum and outlet for Dr. Oudhia's research articles. What amazes us is that he is so willing to share this knowledge with the world at large - knowledge that for the most part, westerners have little understanding of. We believe that the internet is the greatest medium for communication of information; even 20 years ago, the articles presented in this column would have never reached the people who stood to benefit the most from them - the farmers of the Chhattisgarh [and other] regions in India, students of alternative healing therapies, and all the rest of us who read, study and marvel at the way mother earth provides for us. ~Webmaster Julie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

कैंसर में कामराज, भोजराज और तेजराज, Paclitaxel के साथ प्रयोग करने से आयें बाज

गुलसकरी के साथ प्रयोग की जाने वाली अमरकंटक की जड़ी-बूटियाँ:कुछ उपयोगी कड़ियाँ

भटवास का प्रयोग - किडनी के रोगों (Diseases of Kidneys) की पारम्परिक चिकित्सा (Traditional Healing)